Charles T. Foskett
RailRunner®’s President and CEO is Charles Foskett, an Arlington, Massachusetts resident who has over 30 years experience in founding and managing successful start-ups. As co-founder in 1970, and later for nine years as President of Digilab Inc, Mr. Foskett built and expanded this developer of analytic instrumentation into a worldwide business. In 1983 Mr. Foskett co-founded and was CEO of Natural MicroSystems, a telecommunications equipment company, which became a publicly listed NASDAQ company (NMSS) in 1995 with worldwide operations in over 12 countries.
Mr. Foskett, who holds a B.S. and an M.S. in Physics, also serves on the boards of private high-tech companies in the New England area and invests in and advises emerging businesses. Mr. Foskett has been an elected Town Meeting member in Arlington, Massachusetts for 25 years, and is chairman of Arlington’s Capital Planning Committee and vice-chairman of its Finance Committee. Mr. Foskett has also served as President and on the Board of the Massachusetts Association of Town Finance Committees.
Darius W. Gaskins, Jr. is a founding partner of Brigadier Consulting Group, LLC, a management consulting firm specializing in the transportation and energy industries. He has had a distinguished career in industry, government, and academia:
- Visiting Professor, Center for Business and Government, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, 1989 to 1991
- President and Chief Executive Officer, Burlington Northern Railroad, 1985 to 1989; Senior Vice President, Marketing and Sales, Burlington Northern Railroad, 1982 to 1985
- Senior Vice President, Natomas North America, 1981 to 1982
- Chairman, Interstate Commerce Commission, 1980 to 1981
- Deputy Assistant Secretary, Policy Analysis, Department of Energy, 1978 to 1979
- Director, Office of Economic Analysis, Civil Aeronautics Board, 1977 to 1978
- Director, Bureau of Economics, Federal Trade Commission, 1976 to 1977
- Assistant Professor, Department of Economics, University of California-Berkeley, 1975 to 1976 and 1970 to 1973
- Economic Advisor, House Ad Hoc Committee on the Outer Continental Shelf, 1975
- Director, Office of Outer Continental Shelf, Department of the Interior, 1975; Acting Director, Office of Minerals Policy Department, Department of the Interior, 1974;
- Assistant Director, Economics, Office of Policy Analysis, Department of the Interior, 1973
- Instructor (Captain, USAF), Aerospace Research Pilots School, 1963 to 1967
Mr. Gaskins holds a PhD in economics and Masters in Engineering from the University of Michigan, and a B.S. from the United States Military Academy (distinguished graduate).
He is currently Chairman of the Board of Sapient Corporation, and Chairman of the Energy Policy Research Foundation, Inc. (EPRINC). Mr. Gaskins is a past Chairman of Resources for the Future and a former Director of the following companies: Anacomp, Inc.; Burlington Northern Inc.; Eagle-Picher Industries, Inc.; Leaseway Transportation Corporation; MidSouth Corporation; Northwestern Steel and Wire Company; R. H. Donnelley Corporation; ROHN Industries, Inc.; and UNR Industries, Inc.